This list is NOT exhaustive, so you may encounter a stronghold or symptoms that aren’t listed.
You can recognize that a stronghold exists when any of the symptoms produced by that spirit are HABITUALLY PRESENT.
CONFUSION/DOUBT & UNBELIEF
Lack of Commitment
No Love of Truth
1. In a general sense, a mixture of several things promiscuously; hence, disorder; irregularity; as the confusion of tongues at Babel.
2. Tumult; want of order in society.
The whole city was filled with confusion. Acts 19.
God is not the author of confusion. 1 Corinthians. 14.
3. A blending or confounding; indistinct combination; opposed to distinctness or perspicuity; as a confusion of ideas.
4. Abashment; shame.
O Lord, let me never be put to confusion. Psalm 71.
We lie in shame and our confusion covereth us. Jeremiah 3.
5. Astonishment; agitation; perturbation; distraction of mind.
Confusion dwelt in every face.
6. Overthrow; defeat; ruin.
The makers of idols shall go to confusion together. Isaiah 45.
7. A shameful blending of natures, a shocking crime. Leviticus 18:23, 20:12.
DOUBT, v.i. dout. L., G.
1. To waver or fluctuate in opinion; to hesitate; to be in suspense; to be in uncertainty; to be in suspense; to be in uncertainty, respecting the truth or fact; to be undetermined.
Even in matters divine, concerning some things, we may lawfully doubt and suspend our judgment.
So we say, I doubt whether it is proper; I doubt whether I shall go; sometimes with of, as we doubt of a fact.
2. To fear; to be apprehensive; to suspect.
I doubt theres deep resentment in his mind.
DOUBT, v.t. dout.
1. To question, or hold questionable; to withhold assent from; to hesitate to believe; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.
2. To fear; to suspect.
If they turn not back perverse; but that I doubt.
3. To distrust; to withhold confidence from; as, to doubt our ability to execute an office.
Tadmire superior sense, and doubt their own.
4. To fill with fear.
DOUBT, n. Dout.
1. A fluctuation of mind respecting truth or propriety, arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of mind; suspense; unsettled state of opinion; as, to have doubts respecting the theory of the tides.
Joseph is without doubt rent in pieces. Genesis 37.
2. Uncertainty of condition.
Thy life shall hang in doubt before thee. Deuteronomy 28.
3. Suspicion; fear; apprehension.
I stand in doubt of you. Galatians 4.
4. Difficulty objected.
To every doubt your answer is the same.
5. Dread; horror and danger.
1. Incredulity; the withholding of belief; as, unbelief is blind.
2. Infidelity; disbelief of divine revelation.
3. In the New Testament, disbelief of the truth of the gospel, rejection of Christ as the Savior of men, and of the doctrines he taught; distrust of God’s promises and faithfulness, &c. Matt. 13. Mark 16. Heb. 3. Rom. 4.
4. Weak faith. Mark 9.
The stronghold of confusion, and doubt & unbelief is common among Christians
who try to live out their faith solely through their MIND rather than through
their spirit. They believe that if they can parrot the right verses and spout the accepted denominational doctrine, they’re fine with God.
Confusion, and doubt and unbelief are a major factor in why there are over
22,000 competing denominations today. This stronghold causes people to approach God through their mind, not the Spirit.
You may remember that the earliest followers of Jesus got noticed because their
trust caused them to pray with certainty. And that’s what trust is — CERTAINTY in
the unseen spiritual realm of our Lord and His faithfulness.
If you aren’t experiencing the confirming and empowering work of the Holy Spirit
in your life, then consider that some of the symptoms of this stronghold may be causing confusion and doubt in you.
Read these Bible scriptures about the importance of not giving in to doubt because “nothing is too hard for God”. Jesus said that “blessed are those that believe without seeing me”, so don’t let the stronghold of doubt come in and stop you from receiving your blessings.
James 1:5-8 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering . For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed . 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
More examples here.
- Stronghold Part 4 – The Stronghold of Heaviness (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- Stronghold Part 3 – The stronghold of bitterness. (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- Strongholds pt.1 (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- Stronghold Part 5 – The Stronghold of Jealousy/Envy (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Stronghold Part 6 – The Stronghold of Confusion/Doubt and Unbelief”